UPPSC Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Examination Syllabus 2017 (Pattern) PRE/Main: Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has invited application form for Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Examination 2017 for eligible Indian Citizens for appointment as administrative officers in various deportment of Uttar Pradesh State. Interested Candidates can apply online application on or before 27/03/2017.
UPPSC Subordinate Services Exam Syllabus 2017
Now Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has also release new syllabus both Pre and Main examination of Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services 2017 with Advertisement No. [A-2/E-1/2017] on official website of Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission. Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Examination 2017 are also popular UP PCS exam 2017.
All Candidates, who have applied for UP PCS Pre Exam 2017 and started their preparation, can download or copied Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Pre Examination 2017 Syllabus through our educational website @ edunic.in or official website.
Now I am providing here UPPCS exam (Pre and Main) 2017 Syllabusin this page given below:
Important Dates and Advt. No. [A-2/E-1/2017]
- Start Date of Registration is: 22/02/2017
- Last Date of Registration is: 22/03/2017
- Last Date of Online Fee Deposition is: 22/03/2017
- Last Date of Application Form submission is: 27/03/2017
Plan of Examination
The competitive examination comprise three successive stages viz
|Sr. No.||Name of Examination||Type of Questions|
|1||Preliminary Examination||Objective Type & Multiple choice|
|2||Main Examination||Conventional Type, i.e. written examination|
|3||Viva- Voce (Personality Test)|
The UP PCS Preliminary examination will consist of two compulsory papers of which answer sheet be on OMR sheets. The papers shall be 200 marks each and of two hours durations.
Both the papers shall be objective Type & multiple choices in which there shall be 150-100 questions respectively.
The timing of paper I will be from 9.30 to 11.30 A.M. and paper II from 2.30 to 4.30 P.M.
|Paper||Subject||No of question||Max. Marks||Duration||Timing|
|I||General Studies-I||150||200||2hrs||9.30 am to 11.30 am|
|II||General Studies-II||100||200||2hrs||2.30 pm to 4.30 pm|
UPPCS Preliminary Examination Paper-II will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33% for each candidate.
There is mandatory for the Applicants to appear in both the papers of Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Prelims Exam 2017 for the purpose of evaluation.
Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services (Gen. Rectt.) Examination-2017 Syllabus
Syllabus of General Studies-I (PCS Pre exam)
- Indian Polity and governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- General Science
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- Current events of national and international importance.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc: In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
History of India and Indian National Movement: In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc: The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanisation.
Indian and world Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World: In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
General Science: Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change -that do not require subject specialization. General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
Current events of national and international importance:-On Current Events of National and International importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
Note: Candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with special reference to Uttar Pradesh.
Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Preliminary UPPSC Examination Pattern
Syllabus of General Studies-I (PCS Pre exam)
- Analytical ability and Logical reasoning.
- General mental ability.
- Comprehension Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Problem solving and Decision making.
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class 10th level- Arithmetic, Statistics Algebra and Geometry.
- General Hindi and General English up to Class 10th
Uttar Pradesh PSC Combined State Upper Subordinate Services Mains Syllabus
Elementary Mathematics (Up to Class 10th Level)
- Number systems: Natural Numbers, Rational and irrational numbers, Divisors of an Integer, Integers, Real numbers, prime integers, LCM & HCF of integers and their interrelationship.
- Ratio and proportion
- Work &Time.
- Simple and Compound interests
- Profit and Loss
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Factors of polynomials: LCM & HCF of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations.
- Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
- Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area.
- Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves (ogives), Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode.
General English up to Class 10th Level
- Active Voice and Passive Voice.
- Transformation of Sentences.
- Parts of Speech.
- Words Meanings.
- Direct and Indirect Speech.
- Punctuation and Spellings.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Vocabulary & usage.
- Fill in the Blanks.
सामान्य हिंदी (हाई स्कूल स्टार तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय
- हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह,
- शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ
- शब्द रूप
- संधि, समास
- अनेकार्थी शब्द
- विलोम शब्द
- पर्यायवाची शब्द
- मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियां
- तत्सम एवं तत्भव, देशज विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
- हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
- उत्तर प्रदेश की मुख्य बोली