Jee Main Chapter Wise Weightage Syllabus 2017 for Physics Maths Chemistry: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has notified Joint Entrance Exam Main (JEE Main) 2017 and JEE (Advance) Main 2017 for admission in various engineering colleges in all over India.
The popular engineering collages are IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), NITs (National Institutes of Technology), CFTIs (Central Funded Technical Institute) and IIEST Shibpur etc.
Latest Update (1st January 2016): We are providing here The New Syllabus along with Chapter Wise Weightage Syllabus of JEE Main and JEE advanced 2017 has been issued by the Central Board of Education (CBSE). Students are informed to assess authorized website or our website edunic.in for further update.
Jee Main Chapter Wise Weightage Syllabus
The interested and eligible candidates can apply through online from 1st December to 16 January 2017 for the JEE Main 2017 and JEE Advance 2017.
The Syllabus of JEE Main and JEE advanced 2017 is issued shortly by the Central Board of Education (CBSE) along with the Information Bulletin of JEE Main 2017.
JEE Main 2017 weigtage wise Syllabus
The Syllabus of JEE Main 2017 has three subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The aspirants applying for JEE Main 2017 should have complete aware about the JEE Main Exam 2017 Syllabus. A major part of the syllabus of JEE Main 2017 is similar to CBSE class XI and XII Syllabus. But, the level of JEE Main Examination is more difficult.
IIT JEE Main 2017 Subject Wise Syllabus
Though cracking for JEE Main 2017 has no short cut route. Therefore Candidates are advised to go through the syllabus in detail to be well equipped with the weightage wise topics and concepts of the Syllabus of JEE Main 2017.
The complete details of the syllabus of the JEE Main 2017 is provided below.
JEE Main 2017 Syllabus for Physics
The syllabus contains two Sections- A and B. Section- A pertains to the Theory Part having 80% weightage, while Section- B contains Practical Component (Experimental Skills) having 20% weightage.
- Oscillations and Waves
- Rotational Motion
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Current Electricity
- Laws of Motion
- Magnetic effect of Current and Magnetism
- Work Energy Power
- Electronic Devices
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Current
- Physics and Measurement
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Communication Systems
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
JEE Main 2017 Syllabus for Chemistry
Section: A (Physical Chemistry)
UNIT1: Some basic concepts in chemistry
UNIT2: States of matter: Classification of matter into solid, liquid and gaseous states.
UNIT 3: Atomic structure
UNIT 4: Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Kossel – Lewis approach to chemical bond formation, concept of ionic and covalent bonds.
- Ionic Bonding
- Covalent Bonding
- Quantum mechanical approach to covalent bonding:
- Valence bond theory
- Molecular Orbital Theory
- Elementary idea of metallic bonding. Hydrogen bonding and its applications.
UNIT 5: Chemical Thermodynamics
- Fundamentals of thermodynamics
- First law of thermodynamics
- Second law of thermodynamics
UNIT 6: Solutions
- Different methods for expressing concentration of solution
UNIT 7: Equilibrium
- Meaning of equilibrium, concept of dynamic equilibrium.
- Equilibrium involving physical processes.
- Equilibrium involving chemical processes.
- Ionic equilibrium.
UNIT 8: Redox reactions and fj ectroctiemistry
UNIT 9: Chemical kinetics
Unit-10: surface chemistry
- Colloidal state
SECTION-B: (Inorganic Chemistry)
UNIT 11: Classificaton of elements and periodicity in properties
UNIT 12: General principles and processes of isolation of metals
UNIT 13: Hydrogen
UNIT 14: S – Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- Group- 1 and 2 Elements
UNIT 15: P- Block elements
- Group -13 to Group 18 Elements
- Group wise study of the p-block elements Group-13
UNIT 16: D and F – Block Elements
- Transition Elements
- Inner Transition Elements
- Lanthanoids – Electronic configuration, oxidation states and lanthanoid contraction.
- Actinoids – Electronic configuration and oxidation states.
UNIT 17: Co-ordination compounds
UNIT 18: Environmental chemistry
- Environmental pollution– Atmospheric, water and soil.
- Atmospheric pollution– Tropospheric and Stratospheric.
- Tropospheric pollutants – Gaseous pollutants:
- Particulate pollutants
- Stratospheric pollution
- Water Pollution
- Soil pollution
- Strategies to control environmental pollution.
SECTION-C (Organic chemistry)
UNIT 19: Purification and characterisation of organic compounds
- Qualitative analysis
- Quantitative analysis (basic principles only)
- Calculations of empirical formulae and molecular formulae
UNIT 20: Some basic principles of organic chemistry
- Tetravalency of carbon
- Nomenclature (trivial and iupac)
- Covalent bond fission
- Electronic displacement in a covalent bond
- Common types of organic reactions
UNIT 21: Hydrocarbons
- Alkanes – Conformations.
- Alkenes – Geometrical isomerism
- Alkynes – Acidic character
- Aromatic hydrocarbons
UNIT22: Organic compounds containing halogens
UNIT 23: Organic compounds containing oxygen
- Alcohols, Phenols, Ethers (Structure), Carboxylic acids
UNIT24: Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Diazonium Salts
UNIT 25: polymers
UNIT 26: Biomolecules
- Nucleic acids – Chemical constitution of DN A and RNA.
- Biological functions of nucleic acids.
UNIT 27: Chemistry in everyday life
- Chemicals in medicines
- Chemicals in food
- Cleansing agents
UNIT 28: Principles related to practical chemistry
Chemistry involved in the preparation of the following:
- Inorganic compounds
- Chemistry involved in the titrimetric exercises
- Chemical principles involved in the qualitative salt analysis
- Chemical principles involved in the following experiments
- Enthalpy of solution of CuS04
- Enthalpy of neutralization of strong acid and strong base.
- Preparation of lyophilic and lyophobic sols.
- Kinetic study of reaction of iodide ion with hydrogen peroxide at room temperature.
JEE Main 2017 Syllabus for Mathmatics
UNIT 1: Sets, relations and functions:
UNIT2: Complex numbers and quadratic equations:
UNIT 3: Matrices and determinants:
UNIT 4: Permutations and combinations:
UNIT 5: Mathematical induction (Principle of Mathematical Induction and its simple applications.)
UNIT 6: Binomial theorem and its simple applications:
UNIT 7: Sequences and series:
Unit 8: Limit, continuity and differentiability:
UNIT 9: Integral calculus and Evaluation of simple integrals of the type:
UNIT 10: Differential equations:
UNIT 11: Co-ordinate geometry, Straight lines and Circles, conic sections
UNIT 12: Three dimensional geometry.
UNIT 13: Vector algebra.
UNIT 14: Statistics and probability.
- Measures of Dispersion.
UNIT 15: Trigonometry.
UNIT 16: Mathematical reasoning.
For Detail Syllabus of JEE Main 2017
For Detail Syllabus of JEE (Advanced) Main 2017